Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I hope you are having some quality time with your family and friends and are eating lots of yummy food!! I am celebrating Thanksgiving for the first time in Texas and my inlaws have made the trip from Indiana to be with us! And we have some amazing neighbors who are going to deep fry a turkey for us (apparently this is a big deal in Texas!) It is sure to be a great day!
Even though it is Thanksgiving, we still have a new challenge for you at Sketches in Thyme!! And this week.... we made it super easy for you! It is an open challenge week so you get to pick the sketch you would like to use!! And, if you can't find a sketch you like, you can create your own! Here is the layout I created this week....
I used sketch #131 from Creative Scrappers....
I loved this sketch but by the time I finished my LO, it really didn't look much like the sketch any more!! But that is okay because I really love the way this one turned out!! This picture is of my darling daughter Lauren when she was about 5 years old! This picture totally captures her spirit! And I love the way the background paper matches her dress so perfectly!! Here are some close ups of the layout....
Crystal was the first to pass this award on to me!! She is such a sweetheart and always takes the time to stop by my blog and say really nice things about me!! And she has an adorable little girl that is usually the star of her scrapbooking layouts!! Her blog is called Crafting for Caitlyn!
Audrey was next to pass this award on to me! Her blog is called Cute and Some... and I have to say... everything on her blog IS cute and some!! She has the best gift ideas and is soooooo incredibly sweet!
And last night, Becky passed this award on to me! She sent me the nicest email that totally made my night! If you haven't been to Becky's blog, Scrappin' Becky B., you need to check it out! Not only does she do beautiful layouts, she has the most amazing recipes!! (I have the Easy Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe on my counter to make!! YUMMMM!!)
So... now that I have accepted this award, here are the rules....1. Thank and link back to the person (or people) who awarded you this
2. Share 8 things about yourself
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards
Well... it just so happens that Kristin (my 19 year old daughter) is home for college break. I asked her to help me with my list of 8 things....this is what she said about me!!
1. I hate buffets (So true.... knowing that other hands have touched all the serving spoons and food totally grosses me out!!)
2. I can fix just about anything...from broken hearts to dishwashers
3. I have way toooo much clothes and jewelry (Seriously... is that even possible?!!)
4. I have a serious sweets addiction.. and I love to make desserts for family get togethers (very true... chocolate is a major weakness for me!)
5. I love to decorate (Especially around the holidays!! My husband thinks I am over the top at times, but it makes me happy so he leaves me alone!!) :)
6. I prefer to wear dresses (And finally got Kristin to wear dresses too!)
7. I am always cold... that is why I love this move to Dallas (We just had three 80 degree days that made me very happy!!)
8. My sisters and my mom are my best friends (This is soooo true! I love my family!!)
Now I need to pass this award to 8 blogs.... in random order....
1. Momma Said (Anne)
2. Scrap it Girl (Kimberly)
Please visit these ladies and show them some blog love.. and also stop by and check out the three incredible ladies who passed this award to me! Each one is unique and has great things to offer!
I really do feel blessed by all the friends I have made through scrapbooking and blogging! I know I have not been a good blogger this week (with my inlaws in town I am way behind on my blog visits but promise to get caught up soon!) But even though I am not being a good blog friend right now, three of you still thought enough of me to pass me this award, and that really means a lot!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!