Friday, October 18, 2013

Quick Quotes - True Friends & Fall Flowers!

Hello! Recently I received a new box of goodies from Quick Quotes and I fell in love!! One of my favorites is the Quick Quotes Back to Basics line! I liked it so much, I created two projects to share with you! And a video!

We moved from Texas a year ago. My daughter was missing her best friend a lot, so we sent her to Texas for 11 days this past summer. They took this photo of them making a heart with their arms and I couldn't wait to get it on a layout. When the Back to Basics line arrived at my door, I knew it would be perfect for this photo!


 The watercolor looking brush strokes behind the photo were made by soaking a paintbrush in water and then inking it up with Java PowderPuff Chalking ink. I love the look! I also used the same technique with the Biscotti PowderPuff Chalking Ink.

I love the colors of this line along with the mixture of patterned papers. They look great layered!

I was on such a creative roll, I decided to do another project!

I found this lantern when I was shopping last week. I liked it, but the sad, little bow they had on top had to go! So, this is my bow....


I used the Back to Basics Patterned Paper along with some fabric to make the flower in the center of the bow.



And here is what the completed decorated lantern looks like... much better! :) If you would like to see how I made the flower, check out the video tutorial I made!



Quick Quotes Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Back to Basics
PowderPuff Chalking Ink: Biscotti, Mocha Mama, Java, Lemonade, Mango Mai Tai

Other Supplies Used: 
Inka Gold Metallic Rub: Creative Imaginations
Shimmering Mist: Creative Imaginations
Flowers: Prima
Punch: Martha Stewart
Letter Stickers: American Crafts, Websters Pages
Chipboard: Maya Road
Tags
Fabric, Burlap
Silk Flower
Doily
Ribbon
Gems

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio