Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cousins





I realize I am a little behind with this post but I really liked the way the page turned out so I decided to post it anyway! This LO is based on a sketch at SOUS on October 30th. I think all of their sketches are so amazing, I wanted to work back to be sure to do them all.

This is a picture of my daughter on a camping trip with her cousins last summer. I used Storybook for the scalloped edges on the background paper and the flourishes. I used walk in my garden for the flowers. The paper is from MME (Magnolia - love this stack!)The letters are chipboard from Colorbok that I chalked. I added distress stickles to the letters for a little bling. The ribbon and buttons are some that I have had sitting around for a very long time! By the time I was finished, I realized that my LO looked very little like the original sketch but I guess that just means that I made it my own! I hope you enjoy it!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Wow! This is a precious LO! I love the picture and the colors of paper. You did a good job on this LO. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Dang this is awesome and I love it but WOW..that picture takes the cake!!!!

May I make a suggestion to still go ahead and link this to SOUS, you can just make a note that your behind but I know we would all still love to see them!

Oh and I love the title, looks awesome!

cal8007 said...

I sure do like the Cousins LO. I have a great picture of my kids with their cousins when they were all around 7 years old and then again at 30 - awesome! I'll just have to scraplift your idea!

Thanks for the inspiration

Carmen L

Sandi Clarkson said...

Barb, this is perfection. One of my faves! I remember it from either the MB or visiting your blog. Awesome work. Great work on the title. That is adorable!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio