Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cabo





Thanks to the ladies at Stuck On U Sketches for a great sketch. The heart was a little difficult for me to get a good shape on... but I did finally manage to get it a little less lopsided! Yipee for that! I loved the flowers I cut... they reminded me of some we saw on our visit to Cabo. But the flowers on their own were getting lost on the busy patterns in the background papers. So, I thought I would place some wide brown ribbon behind the flowers. It helped because it gave it some texture and lifted the flowers off the page a bit. After sanding some of the flowers to "roughen" them up, I added some stickles. (Sometime I like to add a little bling to distressed elements!) After fussing over it the past few days, I decided to leave it alone and go ahead and post it. :)

Supplies used:
DCWV Papers - Mi Casa (Perfect for a vacation in Mexico!)
Stickles - Lime Green
Story Book Cartridge
Stone Script Cartridge
Wild Card Cartridge
Design Studio
Stamps - random ones I have had so long, I no longer know the brand
Chalk - ColorBox - Dark Brown
Brads - Recollections
Embossing Powder - copper
Pop dots - EK Success
Adhesive Dots - Zots

5 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Your heart is fabulous and flowers are perfect. So glad you decided to laid it down and post it! Appreciate you at this busy time of year.

Anonymous said...

oh I love it, I think what you did around as the heart is super cool!!!! I also like how you picked out the colors from the printed paper to put in the rest of the page. thanks so much for joining us!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!

Sandy said...

This is a stunner...I love all the little swirls around the heart...so happy you joined us during such a busy time...thanx for that...wonderful take on the sketch....wish I were there...LOL

Nanne said...

Oh Wow... How great is that?.. Wow... I love love love the design and the colors.. just fabulous work and such a great take on the sketch...
hugs
Nanné

Anonymous said...

Conlellontiff
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/does-meridia-work]does meridia work[/url]
Phithethini

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio