Monday, April 29, 2013

Quick Quotes - Coffee Filter Flower Tutorial

Do you ever have one of those moments when you are using an everyday item and you realize that you could turn it into a great scrapbooking/card embellishment?! Well, I did! The other day, while making coffee, I decided that the coffee filter was the perfect material for a flower! I am going to show you how you can make your own flowers using coffee filters and Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Ink!

I absolutely adore the Stowaway collection! The blues and browns are gorgeous and is perfect for so many types of photos! This time I used it for some photos of my parents with my kids in Sedona.

To make these flowers, I used coffee filters with PowderPuff Chalking Ink in Tahiti and Biscotti.  The chipboard flourish was colored using Baja Blue PowderPuff Chalking Ink and then I misted it with shimmering mist. Behind the flower cluster is a sheet of patterned paper from the Stowaway 6x6 Paper stack. The print is a smaller scale than then 12x12 size and worked great on this layout. 

The Cherish These Moments  and Memories tag was cut from the 6x6 Stowaway paper stack, too. I love that these collections include quotes and journaling tags. They are perfect for layouts and cards!

These darling little words were cut from the Stowaway Stickers and inked up with PowderPuff Chalking Ink in Biscotti. 

The chipboard "Family" die cut is from an older Quick Quotes kit. I colored it first with the new Java PowderPuff chalking ink and then went around the edges of it with the new Dusty Rose PowderPuff Chalking Ink. I love how it gave it a nice, soft outline. 

And... if you were wanting to see how I made the coffee filters flower, you are going to need to watch this video! Enjoy! 



Quick Quotes Products Used:
PowderPuff Chalking Inks: Tahiti, Biscotti, Baja Blue, Dusty Rose, Java
Chipboard
Pearls

Other Supplies Used:
Shimmering Mist: Creative Imaginations
CANDi: Craftwork Cards
Photo Corners: Michaels
Burlap
Ribbon
Lace trim
Brad



2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a genius idea!!! I love how your flowers turned out! Amazing project Barb.

Katie said...

I love your flower video! i have tried making coffee filter flowers before but your technique is so much easier!! I'm going to break out the natural colored ones and try making some today! Great idea :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio