Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Faith

Hello! I have so much to share with you today! So, let's get started!

Did you know that Frosted Designs is having a Design Team call?! That's right! We would love to see you join our team! We are looking for people who make scrapbook layouts, cards, altered art items, home decor and mixed media! Pretty much if you like to create, you might be just what we are looking for! We are adding new designers to all three of our creative teams.... Fabulous Friday, Layout Sketch Team and Card Sketch Team. You have until February 10th to submit your application! You can find more information HERE!

There are many One Little Word challenges out there and this year I decided to join in on the fun! I am going to do my best to keep up with the OLW challenges at Club CK! The word I picked to be my one word this year is Faith. I think that this word encompasses so many things.... Faith in God, faith in my family, faith in myself.... you get the idea! Here is the layout I made to get me started....


I couldn't decide if I wanted to use the quote or the Bible verse so I used both! The quote became my title (perfect for my family this year!) and the Bible verse is one I strongly believe in and will keep me strong through the changes happening this year!



I had a lot of fun making the title. For the word Faith, I stamped the letters on kraft paper and after it dried, I outlined it with a black marker. I then cut all the letters out and pop dotted them before adding them to the layout!


My kids are all at times in their lives where the decisions they make will affect them forever. Courtney is turning 22 and has just gone back to college. Kristin is 21 and finishing her junior year. She will start her senior year this year and she is already making plans for life after graduation. Matt is graduating from high school and is looking at colleges and trying to figure out what he wants to be "when he grows up." Lauren is my baby and has spent the last year working really hard on acting. She has a passion for it and the determination to do great things! Since each of the kids are in such different spots, I wanted to write a little message to each of them. I started each one out with their name and "I have faith that...."

I am really trying to add more journaling to my layouts this year. I want my kids, grandkids and great grandkids to be able to look back one day and really know the story that goes with the photos!

Sorry for the long post! But thanks for stopping by and taking time to read all of this!

Barb  :)

12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful pages, and a wonderful theme. TFS

Dawnll said...

I just love this layout! The verse is perfect but I love even more that you took the time to journal for each of your children.
I know my adult children love to turn over my layouts and find the words I wrote for them or about them.
This is so beautiful

Carolina said...

The layout is beautiful! I love how you did the right page with the patterned paper blocks with photos and a message for each child. Fabulous!

Lynn said...

This layout brought tears to my eyes. It's so beautiful. The verse and how you wrote about each of your children is so heartwarming. I love your word of the year. This layout will be treasured by your children. Your so right, we need to tell the story behind the layout. I just can't express how this makes me feel.

Ashley Horton said...

This is a beautiful layout Barb and beautiful thoughts behind it!! I love how you journaled for each of your children and the rounded pp backgrounds for each of their pictures. The technique on the word "Faith" is so fun!! I am going to remember that one and give it a try!!

Judy said...

Gorgeous layout and design. I love all your designs. You are a awesome designer!

Debbie said...

Such a beautiful layout Barb! Love how you captured your children!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is such a great layout! Love the journaling!

Angi Barrs said...

What a great OLW. And it's so cool how you included the kiddos. :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Arizona? Are you kidding me? What's up with that?

Anyway, fabulous 2 pager .. love that you got all that journlaing on there .. what a meanigful page .. just the inspiration I need to do something similar!

Have a great weekend !

Unknown said...

Wow i missed these!!Gorgeous layouts barb!!!! Wow love the pictures and all the embellishments!!!!! The journaling is just awesome too!!!!! Excellent work again!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the inspiration. I have been wanting to do a certain layout for 2 and a half years now and you just made the light go on in my head with this is.

Beautiful layout Barb

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio