Monday, January 16, 2012

You are my Rock!

As many of you know, my life has been crazy with changes lately. A little over a year ago we moved to Texas from Indiana. Well... it looks like we are on the move again! Arizona, here we come! I also have 4 kids who are growing up and parenting is not always easy. They are at the ages where they are making their own decisions and sometimes it is really difficult to sit back and watch some of the decisions they make! I try to share wisdom with them but at 20, they have all the answers! With all of the craziness, my husband is the person that keeps me sane! I am so thankful for him and his strength!

I have been spending some time over at Club CK. They have some really great challenges going on and one of them is the Thanks Living challenge. For this challenge, we are supposed to (at least try) journal about something we are thankful for each day and then use these notes to help us with our journaling on our scrapbook layouts. And to make it even better, Erika (who is hosting the challenge) also is giving lessons on scrapbook design! For the first month, we are being challenged to use the design concept of lines and the theme of love. Here is the layout I created for my first Thanks Living challenge...


Greg really is my rock and I am so thankful for him! Since I had so much journaling on this LO, I tried to keep the embellishments to a minimum. I used the white flower because it reminds me of the flowers Greg always gives me when we go for walks when we are in Maui. They smell so good! I also had fun with the journaling on this one by adding sticker letters to make certain words pop!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great week!

Barb  :)

12 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

An awesome layout, and good picture of you two!!!!
Paula

Jocelyn said...

Wow....another move!!!! It can be so trying and yet exciting....I have 3 dear friends in Texas and we were supposed to be heading there in February...but then the surgery got scheduled...so I hope to be able to visit in May!!!

Love the LO.....journaling is so important and I adore how you used the stickers to accent the words!!!

Have a great one!!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is a beautiful page Barb and I love the framing around your photo!! I hope things work out with the move...I know that can be tough!! And I am glad to see you have been able to play along in some of the challenges over at Club CK with us!! :)

Sarah said...

gorgeous page! I really like the frame around your photo and the letter sticker journaling! Good luck with your move!

Audrey Frelx said...

What a wonderful layout, and you're so lucky and blessed to have such a great hubby for sure!

Lynn said...

What a fabulous layout! The challenge sounds like a fantastic idea too. I know what your saying about your kids...mine are at that age too!

P.S. I saw a post on my blog about a design team for Frosted designs but I clicked on it and nothing came up. I would love to apply!

Home sweet home said...

Gorgeous page,love the colurs and all your great details,fab work.

And Arizona is a beautiful place,Its warm :):)I have been there once for many years ago,hehe.

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful couple!!!!! very photogenic too!!!! The camera loves you guys!!!!! The layout is filled with love comes right through the page!!!!!! Way to go barb on another fabulous layout!!!!!

Kim said...

Oh Barb, I just love how you rocked this challenge! I really love how you added the sticker letters in your journaling because it does stand out! I will have to use that idea:)
~Kim

Angi Barrs said...

The weather will be great in Arizona. Love warm & sunny weather. :) Your page is beautiful.

Judy said...

Gorgeous page. The paper used is beautiful and that is a nice photo of you two.

Lena said...

Love the layout and colors. Come and check out my give away.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio